Monday, July 13, 2009

2 syllables words - 15months old

Zo Ee at 15months 2days old. (13/7/2009)


I guess my little Zo Ee knows enough of her 1 syllable words (>400 words) for the past few months, and I can see that she is moving on to mastering more 2 syllables words lately. Everyday, she surprises me with her new vocabulary.
Unlike the past, Zo Ee is very willing in repeating words after me now. Whenever little Zo Ee couldn’t get them right, especially those 2 syllables words, Mummy will split the words into two parts before repeating each sound clearly for her, eg. “bas…ket…” I do notice that if I break the words into two distinguishable sound while saying them equally clear, little Zo Ee can learn them quickly. At first, she finds it challenging to pronounce it and may need loads of encouragement, where Mummy will say the initial sound, eg. “bas…” and my little Zo Ee will never hesitate to complete the other half, “ket...” . For each successful repetition, I praised her. Soon, she will have the confident to say the word all by herself, splitting them apart like Mummy does, “bas….ket” . As she gets more familiar, she has no problem pronouncing it perfectly like us. The trick is, it is important for little Zo Ee to hear, learn and differentiate the sound clearly. Furthermore, with her many 1 syllable words, it is easy for her to put two sounds together to form a new 2 syllables words. Eg. Starfish, playground, bluejay, hotdog etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment