Monday, April 20, 2009

Wooden shape sorter - 12months old

Zo Ee at 12months 4days old. (15/4/2009)


We got a few hand-me-down toys from a friend few months ago and this wooden shape sorter is one of them. I thought Zo Ee will be ready to have fun with this toy as from my observation, little Zo Ee loves puzzle and will diligently try out any new toy. My idea was to start her with one shape first to avoid confusing little Zo Ee. So after a week, Zo Ee has finally figured out the first shape; square. She is able to unstack and restack them into the correct slot. Yeah!!!
Now, it’s time to move on to the second shape. Should I add in a new shape alone or should I let her have two different shapes at the same time? Which is a better option?


.......................
At a glance:

Shape sorter toys are good for dexterity and problem-solving skill development. At the same time, children can also learn about colours. It also helps improve

Fine motor skills
This toy helps your child to use their hands for precise movements.
Hand to eye coordination
This toy helps your child use their hands effectively and develop good reflexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment