Friday, May 29, 2009

Maths lesson - 13months old

Zo Ee at 13months 2weeks old. (28/5/2009)



Today is Zo Ee's first day doing 3-steps maths equations and this video is not about testing on Zo Ee's maths ability, just another typical maths lesson. For this video purpose I intentionally lengthen the daily maths lesson to 8 equations in a go. Otherwise, a typical maths lesson consists of 3 sessions daily, 3 maths equations per session. (9 new equations daily)

I rarely tested on Zo Ee and had been showing her answers to all equations up to 2-steps equations. Starting from today (3-steps equations), I'll give her a choice to choose the answers instead, and Zo Ee got 7 out of 8 answers correctly. Personally, neither can I remember the long equations nor is able to calculate the answers as fast as she does now. And when she does get a wrong answer, I’ll just show the correct answer to her instead. Her performance, very much depending on her mood of the day, if she is in a good mood, she’ll zoom through all the equations perfectly. When she is not in the mood, I’ll just stop the lesson and continue the next day. And since I had stopped for more than 2 weeks, I could sense that she misses these sessions greatly. She was all smiles and excited when I started her lesson again 2 days ago.

These are the questions asked in the video:

100 – 84 - 4 - 4 = 16
20 – 5 + 10 - 5 = 20
10 + 4 + 8 + 6 = 28
88 – 55 - 3 + 10 = 40
4 x 4 x 4 / 8 = 8
5 x 16 / 10 / 2 = 4
1 x 1 x 1 x 1 = 1
16 x 6 / 1 / 8 = 12



No comments:

Post a Comment