Thursday, May 28, 2009

Considerate Zo Ee - 13months old

Zo Ee at 13months 1week old. (21/5/2009)


Great and relief that little Zo Ee is recovering well. Though her voice is coarse from the excessive coughing, she is back to my active, energetic and happy darling again. I took a picture of her last week, sick Zo Ee was lying down, expressionless, watching her favourite VCD. This was unusual of her normal excited and attentive self while watching the same VCD. Below a comparison of her watching the same VCD.



Even she was sick last week, and went to bed with an empty stomach (vomited a few times before finally falling asleep), hungry Zo Ee was awake around 4am and 5am a few nights, yet she was reluctant to wake mummy and daddy up in the middle of the night. First of all when awoke, she was pretty happy to find herself in mummy’s bed(not her cot), clapping her hands and tapping the bed. Then after all her excitement, she tried to fall back to sleep but when after tossing for half an hour without success, she started to make some discomfort noise, “ eemmm…eemmm…” while sitting up in bed. When I asked her “Zo Ee, what is wrong?” She pointed at the sterilizer where we kept her milk bottles and said “nan-nan” (milk in Cantonese). Seems like hungry Zo Ee couldn’t sleep with a hungry stomach. Patiently she waited for her milk and after she had her milk, she went back to sleep almost immediately.

Many commented that I’m so blessed with such a considerate baby, a baby that understood and respect others’ resting (sleeping) - even as early as 5 months old. She’s just my little charm, who will always let mummy(others) has her(their) sleep without interruption. She will not wake me up unless she is extremely hungry or has a dirty diaper, so mummy will have the luxury to sleep another hour or so, sometimes even longer while she keeps herself occupied in her baby cot. If I were to toss in bed, she will observe me, double confirming whether I’m fully awake or just still sleeping. If she sees that I’m awake, she will happily smile at me and starts a conversation with me, pointing at objects, telling me what they are. If she’s hungry, she will make some discomfort noise, louder and louder until it wakes me up. Once, she has her milk, sleepy mummy can continue her sleep while little Zo Ee entertains herself in her cot again. This also applies to my afternoon nap, if she wakes up earlier than me, she will play quietly, allowing mummy extra napping time.
"Why is this so?" Personally I believe that we have a strong trust and she knows that whenever mummy is tired, mummy needs to rest. And when mummy is awake, mummy will definitely spend time with her. Or is it genetic? My mum said that I was like that too when I was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment