Thursday, June 4, 2009

Zo Ee says more than a word... 13months old

Zo Ee at 13months 3weeks old. (3/6/2009)


Most of the morning, Zo Ee usually gets up earlier than me. And since the day she knows how to call me mummy, her first word will always be “ma…mee, ma…mee” moving herself nearest to me from her cot. Sometimes, I’ll just ignore her and pretend to be sleeping. If she is hungry, she will say “ma..mee…ma…mee… nan-nan, nan-nan”. If I refuse to respond, she will get louder, “ma..mee, ma…mee… Hmmm!! Hmmm!!” with all her discomfort sound while banging her hands at the cot rail. She will quiet down if she sees me awake and make her milk. Zo Ee will be smiling at me while waiting happily in her cot.

Whenever she sees me awake from my sleep, she will try to initiate a conversation with me. She loves to point to a particular object and tells me about it. Her favourite are the cupboard, fan, lightings, blanket, switch, door and bed. And this morning, she was pointing to the fan, telling me “han”, when I replied her,”yes, it is a fan.” Then she continued “bow” (blow) and made some blowing sound “foo…foo..”. Hmm…my little Zo Ee is trying to make up a short sentence here, so I replied "yes, the fan is blowing."

The other day, when daddy’s home and left his bag near the doorway, Zo Ee went over, tapping at the bag, and telling me “baa..a” (bag), when I said ‘yes, it’s a bag.” Then she continued, “bla..at” (black). Only then I realized that she was trying to tell me, it’s a black bag. So I replied her “yes Zo Ee, it is a black bag.”


When she sees me wearing a jeans.

Zo Ee : “jeans, …jeans” pointing at my jeans.
Mummy:
“yes, mummy is wearing a jeans.”
Zo Ee: “blu” (blue) if my jeans is blue or “bla…at” (black) if I was wearing a black one.

Surprisingly she understood that jeans is actually a type of cloth-material as she can recognize different colour of jeans; black or different shade of blue , she will tell us “jeans”….“blu” or even if it is a jeans shorts, she will still tell us “jeans”. And she has never call other clothes jeans other than jeans clothes.

When she sees me wearing a pooh t-shirt.
Zo Ee: “bear…bear…bear”
pointing at my t-shirt
Mummy: “yes, there is pooh bear on mummy’s shirt."
Zo Ee: “ grr…grr….” (imitating bear growls)

She’s also very observant and will tell me the colour of my blouse or t-shirt whether it is “blu” (blue), “bla…at” (black), ‘ink” (pink), "geen" (green) or the colour of my shorts each time I have a new one on.

If it is a car: Zo Ee: "car, beep...beep"

If it is an aeroplane: Zo Ee: "pane, ....zoom"





No comments:

Post a Comment