Thursday, June 25, 2009

World Map - 14months old

Zo Ee at 14months 10days old. (21/6/2009)





I have started little Zo Ee on the World Map about 2 weeks now. Initially, I introduced her to 2 countries; Australia and Greenland. Slowly, I add-in more to her collection whenever she is coping well with those existing ones. I don’t have a fix schedule on how to teach her but I have had the map fixed near to her play area, so whenever I’m up to it, I’ll ask little Zo Ee to locate and point at a particular country that I have taught her earlier. Little Zo Ee seems to enjoy this “game” and always excited to see a new country added to her collection. Occasionally, I even see her reading the map herself, stopping by while playing.

Merely two weeks now and Zo Ee can locate 10 countries brisklyAustralia, Russia, Madagascar, India, Saudi Arabia, Greenland, United States of America, Alaska (part of America), Brazil, and Antarctica (country?). And tomorrow, Mummy will add-in the 11th country to her collection.

Zo Ee’s favourite county is Australia. After each time she pointed at it, she will make a comment that Australia is “pink” in colour. Her second love is Russia, most likely because I have been repeatedly telling her that Russia is very big, so she will make the comment “big” after pointing at Russia. She also loves the tittle “World Map”, though she has yet to be able to pronounce the word World, but she loves uttering the word “Map” and pointing at it.

Reading the World Map is fun for little Zo Ee since Mummy will add-in a new country every day or every two days. It's like hunting for a new treasure everyday, where there will always be new excitement to look out for.

Countries - Australia, Russia ( "big" ), Greenland, Madagascar.



Zo Ee was more cooperative today, so I managed to capture a better video of her. Countries - India, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Australia, Madagascar, Brazil, Greenland, United States of America and Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment