Friday, June 17, 2011

Maths & Science update - 3years 2months old

Zo Ee at 3years 2months old. (13/June/2011)

Maths Update
Starting from this week, Zo Ee will be in school for 3 1/2hours daily. And this is what she brought back from school today. She wrote another equation 1+1 =2. Yes. that's my little one, has been obsessed with maths equations lately. Obviously, she has been writing lots of simple equations daily.




Since Zo Ee started multiplication a month ago, she has already mastered 0x,1x,2x,3x,4x, 5x and 10x. I have not tested her on the rest, she knows some, my guessing maybe not perfect yet. She has been liking multiplication a lot especially those that she has memorized effortlessly through songs. She enjoys zooming through the questions easily. She feels great that she is able to complete them faster than addition and subtraction sums. The other day, she was telling us that she was doing multiplication on Daddy's calculator. She was experimenting the calculator with her multiplication knowledge and was thrilled that the calculator could give her correct answers all the time etc. So we started on some simple algebra by showing her one example a day. Then she started working on one a day or every other day. I don't think she has worked more than 10 problems so far and this is what I got. When I asked her to try on this question today, she looked at it and immediately telling me the answer is 2. She wrote the answer down without the need to some drawings to aid her as she usually did on the left page. I was shocked.Shocked Initially I doubted her, but after some thoughts, with her characteristics she will never write down any answers she doesn't know. She will either fill in the answers or leave it blanks. So she must have know. But again, I just cannot believe or accept it. How is that possible? scratch She further converted the answer to an equation, 1x2 =2 .





Science Update
I am wondering do your 3 years old kids watch documentary programs? I am still finding this weird and unacceptable that Zo Ee has started liking these programs when she turned 3. I wondered who are their targeted audiences? She used to watch Animal planet when she was 1 -2 years old but she stopped. Then she started liking tv after seeing a volcanic eruption in a hotel's cafe after turned 3 and now is crazy over Discovery Science, Discovery Channel, National geographic and Fox History. She is Crazy over these shows - I didn't know that, How stuffs work? Mega factories. Weapons, and all programs on Discovery Science. She will want to watch one after another. She will not want to leave the house when her favourite program is showing etc. She is just glued to the tv when watching. Maybe this has to do with her strong knowledge in science from her previous readings thus she is able to understand and absorb information/facts from these programs. From our daily conversation,I realized that her knowledge has actually grows in heaps. She was talking about Helium gas, that she needed for her balloon to float up into the air with explanation etc. She was talking about electromagnetic stuffs, SI units and crazy stuffs which I don't think we had read before and I can see that her understanding are very in-depth. Whenever I see that she is learning too fast, I started to worry. Exclamation It worries me whenever seeing her watching those programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment