Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cursive writing&other languages - 3years 2months old

Zo Ee at 3years 1month old. (9th June 2011)


Look! what I have got two weeks ago. Zo Ee trying to write cursive by herself!

Initially, I didn't get it that's why I didn't post it and thought it was just some plain drawing/writing by her. So my little one was trying to write cursive at 3years 1month old then. Cool! Laughing



This really brought me back to some old encountered; I actually realized that Zo Ee could read cursive writings before she turned 3, around 2years 10months old then where she was reading some song lyrics written by my friend. Prior to this, I don't think she was exposed to any. Also, she can differentiate, Hindi from Chinese characters too which amazed me. Some parents from her old school(English medium) mentioned that Zo Ee actually understood Hindi but I cannot comment since I don't know any although occasionally she will name me things in Hindi and she actually understood what the school bus driver said in Hindi. The driver can speak English but found it fun that Zo Ee can actually understand Hindi. According to her ex-teachers, Zo Ee reads a few "Hindi characters" or sounding the character whenever she passed by the classroom of older kids. Hmm... She knows a few Hindi Children songs from school but other than that she learns from the little kids in school. According to one Mummy, when the teachers speak Hindi to those kids that couldn't understand English, Zo Ee will translate them into English for the kids. Shocked Again, I have never heard nor witnessed any myself. Other than that she is capable of imitating/repeating Hindi words accurately , again comments from others as both Dh and I cannot speak or understand Hindi at all. Also, Although Zo Ee cannot speak Cantonese but she is able to differentiate Cantonese dialect from Chinese at a very early age. There was this one odd Cantonese song in the adult Chinese songs DVD. I remembered her asking us, what is that language when that particular Cantonese song was being played. I didn't even notice this odd song until pointed out by Zo Ee. Also, none of the adult Chinese songs were within her comprehension(even myself cannot understand) and neither she understands Cantonese thus I found it amazing that she could spot the difference.

Also, she could recite 1-20 in 4 different languages before two, learn them at finger tips. Hmm...Maybe she is really good at language and this really prompt me to teach her another language, most probably I'll teach her Malay language since that's the only other language that I know. Razz

No comments:

Post a Comment