Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sticky toddler - 19 months old

Zo Ee at 19months 4weeks old. (8/12/2009)

Since little Zo Ee got sick 2 weeks plus ago, she is getting sticky to me, worst still she has been sharing our bed for the time being (while still sick).

Lately, little Zo Ee makes a lot of noises even if I were to take my shower. She just doesn't like not seeing me around. Luckily, she is fine as long as she knows where I am and I am within her sight. Otherwise, she will call out for me. If we were at home, she knows for sure that Mummy is in the bathroom if I am out of her sight. Little Zo Ee will make noise, while keep saying "Mummy takes bath. Mummy takes bath. Open the gate. Open the gate."
(referring to the safety gate at the kitchen entrance) If Daddy ignored her request, she will start crying louder and louder, screaming for Mummy. Little Zo Ee will only stops crying whenever she sees Mummy out from the bathroom, and immediately will be smiling happily instead. If I were to sit in the living hall, immediately little Zo Ee will come to me and want to sit on my lap, "sit with Mummy". Even she is watching her favourite VCD, she will want to stand leaning on me while watching her show. As long as I am within her reach, she will want to stick to me. Even, when she awakes in the night, she is inconsolable until she sees Mummy. And if she does awake in the middle of the night, she will not make any noises or wake me up as long as she sees me nearby but she will move nearer to me, sleep leaning next to me or sleep sharing my pillow, just want to be as near to me as possible.

When we were outside, and whenever I am out of her sight, she will keep insisting Daddy to look for me, "Wants Mummy. Wants Mummy. Look for Mummy." And the moment she sees me, she will cling to me and want me to carry her. Sigh! wondering since when my little toddler become so sticky to me. Little Zo Ee used to love to be carried by Daddy but lately, she wants me to carry her and will fight all her might away from Daddy. Even if she's walking in the park, occasionally, she will turn around and hug me (wrapping her arms around my legs) happily.

Wondering why is she so sticky suddenly? Other than this sudden sticky trend, she is still the very same little Zo Ee, still as friendly, cheerful and confident as before. Another thing that Mummy does notice is that little Zo Ee shows strong affection towards Mummy lately, and I can even sense her affection from her smile. It's just not any smile but a very sincere and contented smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment