Thursday, October 13, 2011

Went inviting - 3years 6months old

Zo Ee at 3years 6months old. (11th October 2011)



When I dropped Zo Ee at school today, her teacher asked me, " Did she tell you about what happen yesterday?" I have no idea since Zo Ee didn't say anything special other than being extra tired after school. Zo Ee's class teacher told me this morning that she took Zo Ee around the school to send out invitations to the headmaster, vice and all the big shots in school yesterday. This is not a small school considering the classes they offered; Nursery1, Nursery 2, Kindergarten, 1st Standard - 10th Standard, as the school has been divided into different sections with their own heads and occupying different blocks. No wonder, Zo Ee was so tired yesterday after school that she actually napped for 2 hours which she hasn't been for months. The walking to other blocks and the heat must have exhausted her plus the ongoing rehearsal for tomorrow Nursery 1 Poem Recitation Day. Her whole class will be reciting and performing the Hush, Little Baby (with acting) which her teacher modified to a longer version for all to take part in and a poem on My little Naughty Monkey.


So yesterday, Zo Ee was representing her section to invite those important people to witness their performance tomorrow. Her teacher taught her what to say and do just before hand and Zo Ee did the talking and handing out those invitation cards at each individual office. Her teacher said that she did so well and amazingly impressed all the invitees. I'm glad she was given the opportunity to boost her public skill (anyway so far she has no fear at all talking to strangers) and to carry on a special task like that. I think its such an invaluable learning and experience for her since this is not something she can get from her beloved books. What a good way to mark the day Zo Ee turned 3 years 6months old (yesterday). I'm very proud of her.


Here is a photo of her on the actual Recitation Day, today (13th October 2011).
The whole class is wearing Green blouse/shirt with Denim Shorts, plus a little makeup. Zo Ee was excited about the makeup since she did have some idea from her DVD, those kiddy ballet dancers getting ready for their performance and I'm not into make up myself. I don't really like children to wear makeup at such age but didn't want her to be left out since all her friends will be having them. She was very cooperative. Anyway, I just put very light makeup for her; eyeshadow, blusher and a lip gloss instead of lipstick. I'm not good at make up but I think she looks alright. This is how she looks with her make up!







No comments:

Post a Comment