Friday, September 30, 2011

Science - Music & Class Teachers - 3years 5months old

Zo Ee at 3years 5months old. (26th September 2011)



In class

Last week, when I went to meet Zo Ee's class teachers for the parents-teachers interaction day, this was what her teachers said. Zo Ee has been feeling very comfortable in class now, freely chatting with us(the teachers) and everyday she is telling them something new (a new topic). The day before the meeting, they were chatting about human body I guess. The conversation goes something like this

Teacher: Which is the organ that pumps blood?
Zo Ee: The Heart . Heart is the center organ of our arteries system.
Teacher: How many kidneys do we have?
Zo Ee: Two


Another teacher told me that Zo Ee explained to her about the Submarine and its various parts and function that she drew for her class work (Water transport) for that week too. And today, I saw Zo Ee chatting with her class teacher when I picked her up. She's so engrossed that both she and the teacher didn't notice my presence at all. When I asked her what were they talking about, her replied "Diamond." I can see that the teachers enjoy talking to her and are astonished with her knowledge and answers.



Nursery /Kindergarten Coordinator
Bumped into Zo Ee's school coordinator the other day after taking Zo Ee to class. She saw me and stopped to tell me this, " How are you and things going on for Zo Ee? Are you please with the school? Oh! Have you been informed that we have started pulling her out for higher reading and materials. She can read so well and is such an amazing child. " I told her that I'm fine with the school as long as Zo Ee is happy in school but I was concerned whether Zo Ee will like the new teacher who is giving her one to one attention, she brushed me off saying "That won't be a problem."



Music Teacher

Zo Ee showed her teacher the Daring Cell Defenders book today and started to explain things to her. Zo Ee started with the types of invaders; virus and bacteria. Her teacher's jaw almost drop when she heard her talking about bacteria. Then Zo Ee moved on explaining how the bacteria begin to divide; 1 to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to 8 etc. Briefly on How bacteria/virus make us sick and our body defends and fight them. Then she moved on to what happened when a splinter poked into our skin. How this area got infected, resulting in a pus and what is a pus until the wound heals, leaving behind a scar. She even explained what is a scar tissue to her teacher. The whole sharing with her music teacher that I overheard really cleared my doubts about her understanding about that book that we read together few weeks ago . Although her explanation is not as details as the book but she got most important points right.

No comments:

Post a Comment