Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zo Ee at 3years 4months old (21st August 2011)

Sometimes, I am really confused at the level of books she is reading. I really have no idea what her comprehension level is. She reads from the simplest book to Poetry of 2 pages each, to Children/Adult Reference books. Once in a while she will read the Whimpy Diary Kid(not my liking) - a few chapters (she was reading this on the plane and passengers sitting nearby was giving us this "LOOK!") or a few chapters of those thicker story books. Whenever I'm curious, I'll ask her a few questions and she did understand, although I know she may not understand every single words. One good thing about her is, she will ask me meaning to words she cannot understand. Sometimes, I doubted her understanding in reading higher level books but although she may not be able to tell me the exact meanings to big words but she will give me an example of its usage in another sentence.

Maybe, it has never bother me all this while till yesterday incident.
I was waiting for her to take bath, she refused to move until she finished this book of Noddy. Since the water was ready, so I sat next to her just waiting for her to finish her book, so that I could send her immediately to the bathroom before she started on another activity. Zo Ee finished this book of 4 in 1 stories of 98pages in 15 minutes. I wouldn't have believe my eyes if I was not sitting there watching her. I guessed it's an easy book for her but finishing it in 15 minutes is very surprising to me because other than reading she did spend a great deal of time looking at the pictures too.

Any Idea what level this book would be?








No comments:

Post a Comment