Sunday, May 8, 2011

Reading King Arthur - 3 year old

Zo Ee at 3 year old. (8/5/2011)



Zo Ee reading King Arthur and the Knights of the round table by Benedict Flynn. Author mentioned this book is for 7+ but many reviews say that this is more suitable for 9+.

_____________________________________________________________
He grabbed the handle. The sword seemed stuck in an anvil. There was some writing on a block of stone beneath, but Arthur thought it better not to read it, just in case it said the taking of the sword was not allowed. He tugged at the blade. It gave a little, and then stuck. "Oh come on," Arthur puffed, giving another heave. And then the sword came out as gently as from a scabbard. Kay had given up hope. Arthur threw him the sword. To his surprise Sir Ector and Kay were standing together at the edge of the lists, where the knights jousted. "What's wrong?" Arthur said. "This is not Kay's sword." "The inn was locked, Sir Ector," said Arthur. "It's the only one I could get. I'll take it back when you're finished." "Arthur," Sir Ector said. "Tell me where you found this sword." "It was stuck in an anvil in a churchyard. On top of a stone. I'm sure no one saw me take it. I promise I'll take it straight back."
_____________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment