Saturday, April 2, 2011

Zo Ee's Reading Age - 2years 11months old

Zo Ee at 2years 11months 21days old. (2/4/2011)


I found a various reading assessments from a forum. So I gave it a try since I have been always curious at Zo Ee's reading level because she seems to be reading a lot lately. She may not understand every words read by her in books but I guessed she knows sufficient enough to understand the text, else she'll be bugging me to read and explain to her.

I am pretty surprised all three tests' results turned out to be around 5th Grade.
1. Schonell Reading Test - reading age 10.9 (59words)
2. Reading words - 5th grade 5 month (55words)
3. Reading key - scored 100% on 4th grade, refused to continue to 5th grade. I guessed she tired from the first two tests. But based on my estimation, she could read about 50% of the words in the 5th grade column.

This is tally to books that she has been consuming past months, especially encyclopedias. Nevertheless, although Mummy knows that little Zo Ee can read very well , and everyone has been amazed at Zo Ee's reading ability but getting to know her real reading age is something amazing. She is still 2 year old, nearly 3 in another 10 days but results showing her has a reading age of 10 years and above.



No comments:

Post a Comment