Saturday, March 26, 2011

1 Trillion and weighing fruits - 2years 11months old

Zo Ee at 2years 11months old. (26/3/2011)


Weighing Fruits
2 weeks ago, Mummy saw Zo Ee playing with her toy weighing scale, so Mummy joined her and showed Zo Ee how to weigh some fruits with it, eg. 3fruits = 3g, 5fruits = 5g. Zo Ee walked away after 2 examples. So I asked her out loud, how about 10g, "How many fruits will you need to balance the scale?" Without looking at me or the scales, immediately she answered "10 fruits". I was shocked as I didn't expect her to know the correct answer but she got it correct.

1 Trillion
Zo Ee was keen to learn the number 1 million; happily writing it every where. Few weeks ago, little Zo Ee was so excited seeing 1 trillion on her book . She ran to ask me, "Mum, mum what is this number?" I replied her, " That's 1 trillion." and explained to her that "That's 1 million million." Actually, Mummy just got to know that 1 trillion is actually 1 million million as it has never crossed Mummy's mind before or bother to know. So we, mother and daughter are learning at the same time. In fact, this is not the first encounter as such, many times, Mummy just has to look up either the dictionary or reference books or the Internet to search for the right answers or explanation to my curious 2years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment