Thursday, January 26, 2012

Prime Numbers - 3years 9months old

Zo Ee at 3years 9months old. (25th January 2012)


For the past 2 weeks, Zo Ee is obsessed with math again; she's been asking loads of math questions and is interested in negative numbers; doing negative subtraction and simple division and money. Today, she showed me 5 and 6 coloured pencils in each hands while telling me, 5 + 6 = 11. Then she handed me those 5 pencils while telling me 5 is a primary number and then handed me 6 pencils while telling me 6 is a secondary number. Shocked Ok...I don't think there is any primary number or secondary number. What sheis really trying to tell me is primary = prime numbers and secondary numbers = composite numbers. She is linking from the colour concept ; primary and secondary colours. You mixed two primary colours to get a secondary colour. So the same concept applies to numbers. Smile


No comments:

Post a Comment